Monday, January 11, 2016

Books of 2015


I la-la-love to read. It is one of my favourite past times and I take great pride in my growing book collection, and the fact that I asked for a chair to read in for Christmas, or that I window shop obsessively on amazon.com. Ain't no shame in my book loving game.


<< As you can tell I was a big fan of my chair but on this day,
 apparently, not a big fan of showering >>

I am one of those people who makes New Years Resolutions (cue the groaning from the audience). I know, they're annoying and yes, I often don't complete them, but one of my resolutions that I have been able to keep up the last couple of years was to read new books. In 2014 my resolution was to read 10 new books, in 2015 it was to read 15. Maybe I can push for 20 this year?

I've had a couple people ask me where I get book recommendations since finding a good book is half the battle. A lot of the time I get them from buzzfeed.com, or through different instagram feeds, or simply from seeing a movie trailer for a film based on a book which I then find the need to run out and consume before the movie comes out. And there's always the tried and true method of finding an author you like and consuming their entire catalogue of novels.

Here are the novels I read this year (with links), maybe you can find some inspiration in them:

1. Gone Girl- Gillian Flynn
2. Sharp Objects- Gillian Flynn
3. Dark Places- Gillian Flynn
4. Sarah's Key- Tatiana De Rosnay
5. Burnt Tongues- Edited by Chuck Palahniuk, Richard Thomas and Dennis Widmyer
6. Landline- Rainbow Rowell
7. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl- Jesse Andrews
8. Fahrenheit 451- Ray Bradbury
9. Confessions of a Sociopath: A Life Spent Hiding in Plain Sight- M.E Thompson
10. Make Something Up- Chuck Palahniuk
11. The Girl on the Train- Paula Hawkins
12. The Night of the Gun: A Reporter Investigates the Darkest Story of His Life. His Own.- David Carr
13. The End of Alice- A.M Holmes
14. Room- Emma Donaghue
15. Denton Little's Death Date- Lance Rubin
16. The Opposite of Loneliness- Marina Keegan


Don't worry, I'll be back with my list of honourable mentions from those novels and even to tell you about a few that fell by the wayside!

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Bibliophile

No comments:

Post a Comment